Aletsch glacier hike with the best views

Aletsch glacier hike with the best views

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Oceanrose10
Oceanrose10
6 posts
Jul 13, 2015 - 5:21 PM

I am hiking for one day at Alesch glacier and I want the best hike for the best views and the closest to the glacier. I was all set to do the Bettmerhorn to Marjelesee to Gletscherstube to Fiescheralp hike to see the best views of the Aletsch glacier.- Is that true that you have no views of the glacier from this hike?- What is the Panoramaweg up on the ridge, do I do that on the above hike?Now I do not know which hike to do?-Please comment on someones post that I have copied down below about not seeing any views.THen someone wrote "The problem is, I don't think you have *any* views of the glacier on the way from B'alp to Fiesch. Have a look at this map: bettmeralp.ch/graphics /…sommer_1024x768.jpg You're down below the ridge the whole way. It's a pretty easy hike, a little steep at the beginning, but the Furri Hütte is nice for a break. There will be some sweeping views of the valley, especially towards the end, where the paragliders launch.Or do you mean the Panoramaweg up on the ridge? Is that the best hike?

Thanks

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Jul 14, 2015 - 7:12 PM

Hi Oceanrose10,

The link to the map does not work, but the trail you first mentioned is wonderful with good views (first half), and a view on the Fiescher glacier (second half). You can find details here.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016