All routes in SBB mobile app are as per Swiss pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2016 at 19:36:44 #809208

Greetings ….Myself Viral Patel from India travelling to Switzerland next month and planning to buy a 8 days Swiss pass. Have been studying the schedules and routes from the SBB MOBILE APP. I am still not clear weather all the routes no matter train or cable way shown as a search result in SBB MOBILE APP is totally free if I already have a Swiss pass & if not how can I know which options are free and covered under Swiss pass and which travel options need to paid in additional and not covered under Swiss pass.

For e.g The train (Rhaetian Railway) Is covered in SwissPass which can taken me from st moritz to Bernina Diavolezza but when I want to take the cable way to Diavolezza I have to buy cable way tickets even if I have Swiss pass … IS THIS TRUE ?Please guide me on the above said thanks …

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    15 May 2016 at 19:59:37 #852072

Hello Viral Patel, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You only need the app, or the online timetable, to find train schedules. It does not provide any pass information.

The pass you are considering is the Swiss Travel Pass. The Swiss Pass is something different (see here please). You can download the map to see what’s included in the pass. You don’t need tickets on all the free routes. The Diavolezza cable car is not included at all, so you would buy a regular ticket on the spot. Many other cable cars, like Mount Corvatsch in the same region, are discounted. So you would buy a discounted ticket.

Please see here for where to buy your Swiss Travel Pass. An easy way is to go to the SBB webshop at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass so you can print it at home.

• The thread ‘All routes in SBB mobile app are as per Swiss pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.