Ideas for Interlaken – Jungfraujoch in 2 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 January 2016 at 10:36:50 #808236

Hello

This is my first time to travel in this area. Anyone please kindly give me an advice about traveling to Interlaken-Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch-Lauterbrunnen within 2 days. I planned to spend a night in Lauterbrunnen and I already purchased a half price card.

Thank you very much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 January 2016 at 12:55:30 #847507

Welcome pingping!

Are the places you mentioned intended day trip destinations? If so, you can take Interlaken off the list. Interlaken is a nice town but mainly a place to shop and change trains, not a sightseeing destination. The Jungfrau region is small, so you can easily see Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch within two days. Don’t forget Mürren which is very nice as well. The weather will be important. You need good weather to enjoy a visit to the Jungfraujoch. Further information can be found here: myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion. I’m not sure when you travel but unless it’s in Winter, be sure to do some hiking as well. Tips are on that page too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 January 2016 at 17:19:31 #847508

Many thanks Arno! I planned to take a trip during March. Hope the weather is good. Any place or activity i shouldn’t miss in Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch?

Arno
    15484 posts
    7 January 2016 at 13:26:11 #847509

You’re welcome pingping! Well, as I said, Mürren is very nice, and I would recommend to add the short hike from Grütschalp to Mürren while you’re there. You can allocate one day for Lauterbrunnen/Mürren and perhaps Schilthorn if the weather is good, and one day for Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 January 2016 at 7:39:16 #847510

Dear Arno

I wanted to know will Schilthorn remain closed if the weather is unpleasant. I too have a plan in the month of march and I am planning to visit Schilthorn aswell. Kindly suggest.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 January 2016 at 11:40:38 #847511

Hi noaman,

Normally it will be open, even if there’s no view, but the cable car may close in case of strong wind.

• The thread ‘Ideas for Interlaken – Jungfraujoch in 2 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.