Ideas for Interlaken - Jungfraujoch in 2 days

Ideas for Interlaken - Jungfraujoch in 2 days

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
pingping
pingping
7 posts
Jan 4, 2016 - 10:36 AM

Hello

This is my first time to travel in this area. Anyone please kindly give me an advice about traveling to Interlaken-Grindelwald-Jungfraujoch-Lauterbrunnen within 2 days. I planned to spend a night in Lauterbrunnen and I already purchased a half price card.

Thank you very much

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Jan 5, 2016 - 12:55 PM

Welcome pingping!

Are the places you mentioned intended day trip destinations? If so, you can take Interlaken off the list. Interlaken is a nice town but mainly a place to shop and change trains, not a sightseeing destination. The Jungfrau region is small, so you can easily see Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch within two days. Don't forget Mürren which is very nice as well. The weather will be important. You need good weather to enjoy a visit to the Jungfraujoch. Further information can be found here: myswissalps.com/ jungfrauregion. I'm not sure when you travel but unless it's in Winter, be sure to do some hiking as well. Tips are on that page too.

Last modified on Jan 5, 2016 - 12:55 PM by Arno
pingping
pingping
7 posts
Jan 6, 2016 - 5:19 PM in reply to Arno

Many thanks Arno! I planned to take a trip during March. Hope the weather is good. Any place or activity i shouldn't miss in Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald and the Jungfraujoch?

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Jan 7, 2016 - 1:26 PM

You're welcome pingping! Well, as I said, Mürren is very nice, and I would recommend to add the short hike from Grütschalp to Mürren while you're there. You can allocate one day for Lauterbrunnen/Mürren and perhaps Schilthorn if the weather is good, and one day for Jungfraujoch and Grindelwald.

noaman
noaman
3 posts
Jan 9, 2016 - 7:39 AM

Dear Arno

I wanted to know will Schilthorn remain closed if the weather is unpleasant. I too have a plan in the month of march and I am planning to visit Schilthorn aswell. Kindly suggest.

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Jan 9, 2016 - 11:40 AM in reply to noaman

Hi noaman,

Normally it will be open, even if there's no view, but the cable car may close in case of strong wind.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016