Apr 26th to 30th; 4 nights Switzerland after Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2016 at 16:49:38 #808471

Hi Experts,

Hope you are guys are doing good. I will be travelling from paris to Switzerland on Apr 26th and returning to India on 30th ( 15:30 flight).

Planning to stay in Interlaken and Lucerne 2 nights each. My Wife wants to cover as much as possible in this 4 nights. Kindly request your advice. My wish list belwo

1. Lake Thun, Jungfrau, Mt. Titlis, Transport museum, Zermatt-Matterhorn.

Pls help.

Note :- travelling with wife and 8 year old kid and will get a swiss pass with family car

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 February 2016 at 17:00:31 #848643

Hi KrishSrini, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Since you have already picked places to stay, places to see, and a rail pass, is there anything specific you want to ask us? If you need accommodation tips, please see the Interlaken and Lucerne pages, and post to the Accommodation forum if further help is needed.

Please note that the pass is called Swiss Travel Pass. The Swiss Pass was discontinued in 2014. You’re not actually going to rent a car too, right? I assume you mean the Swiss Family Card? All about the Swiss Travel Pass can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 February 2016 at 2:07:28 #848644

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the quick response. I wanted to know if my wishlist can be covered in this 4 days between the 2 locations i selected. I’m yet to book hotels and open for suggestions.

I’m not planning to rent a car and planning to cover places via train & bus only.

Thanks

Hari

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 February 2016 at 6:43:40 #848645

Hi Hari,

Not renting a car is a good choice. You can do all of this by train. Mount Titlis and the transport museum can be done from Lucerne. Jungfraujoch and Lake Thun can be done from Interlaken. You could do it in one day if you start your day early. Zermatt is a bit off the chart. Count on over 2 hours to get there from Interlaken, and an extra hour to reach a mountain top like Gornergrat. I would not do this during a short stay in Interlaken with plenty of beautiful scenery nearby. But, if this is a once in a life time opportunity to see Zermatt, you may want to spend that much time traveling. Do make sure to check the weather forecast for Zermatt before you go. Spending 6 hours on trains to end up in a cloud is a waste of time.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2016 at 9:42:40 #848646

Hi Arno,

Thank you so much for the reply. I apologize for the late reply i was travelling :).

Thanks… Krish

• The thread ‘Apr 26th to 30th; 4 nights Switzerland after Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.