Are my hotels in Lauterbrunnen & Grindelwald ok?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2016 at 1:26:21 #809449

Hi, I will be visiting switzerland on 1-7september. Planning to stay at Hotel Staubbach, Lauterbrunnen for 3 nights and then Hotel Cabana, Grindelwald another 3 nights. My itinerary will be:

1. Lake Blausee

2. Alpine slide in Kandersteg

3. Jungfrau

4. The rest just light hiking (that is why I chose hotel at lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald)

Is my hotel selection good? Any suggestions on how I can make my itenerary better? As I am travelling with my parents who are 54 and 65.

Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 June 2016 at 9:01:17 #853107

Why not stay all the nights in Grindelwald ? Cabana hotel is a very nice hotel with nice view on the mountains. At Lauterbrunnen you are in the (busy) valley. Also it save your time when are in one hotel, you must not change.

Lake Blaussee is very nice, but also very small. You can go by car or by train (Frutigen) and than by bus to the Blaussee.

What is “Alpine slide” in Kandersteg ?

Where are you do the “light hiking” ? Into the mountains i think ?

greetings from the Netherlands, Brahms

Vlasta
    Participant
    58 posts
    21 June 2016 at 2:25:01 #853108

Hotel Staubbach is a simple but very adequate and friendly hotel with the most incredible views of the valley! It may have been recently updated. It’s a real treat to have a balcony facing the awesome views. It’s worth staying there for that, all the waterfalls, and also taking cable cars up to Murren,Gimmelwald, both car-free and beautiful. Have coffee or lunch outside at a hotel perched on the edge of the mountain in Murren overlooking lauterbrunnen, the valley and the Eiger, Monch jungfrau. Or walk down from there to Gimmelwald, eat at Pension, if it is still there? Go up to Schilthorn. Plenty of light hikes abound.

• The thread ‘Are my hotels in Lauterbrunnen & Grindelwald ok?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.