Are there any security measures at stations?

Are there any security measures at stations?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 12, 2016 - 10:46 PM

Greetings:

We're traveling to/thru/from Switzerland 17-21 April 2016 and wondering if we need to allow extra time to satisfy security measurements, if any, at the stations for direct or connecting trains. As far as I can find there does not seem to be security measures in effect at Swiss stations.

My primary concern is our Swizterland departure railing from Lugano to Zurich ETA 12:28 hrs and connecting to a TGV Lyria train ETD Zurich 13:34 hrs traveling to Paris. I assume we must gate-out upon arrival at Zurich and then gate-in again for our Zurich-Paris train. Is 1 hr in between trains suitable for that connection if indeed there's security measures in place for the gate-in again at Zurich for a French destined train?

Thanks Kindly

DG

Annika
Annika
4418 posts
expert &
Mar 13, 2016 - 7:57 AM

Hi DG,

Even 5 minutes would be enough to change trains. A bit tight, but it can be done. You have over an hour, so that's plenty of time to change trains, have lunch and do some shopping if you wish. Security measures and passport control are done on the train. Some stations in Europe have checks before entering the platform, or are currently implementing this. But I haven't heard of that in Switzerland yet, and certainly not in Zurich which is not on the border.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 14, 2016 - 2:36 PM

Thanks Annika. Good to know.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016