Around Torgon, suggest must see places to be seen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 17:05:47 #810988

we are family 22 persons traveling in May for 7 days. We will be renting cars as we have 80 years old grandparents , some will take train passes.

We intend to see

Titlis, Lucern, Montreux, interlaken each one day and keep other 3 days as relaxed.

Is this plan good. Please suggest how we can best get tickets for mountains. Couldn’t find group tickets.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2017 at 7:21:42 #859702

Hi AmitPuja,

Rail passes are not discounted for groups. There are group rates for regular tickets but that only makes sense for an occasional trip; usually a rail passes is cheaper. There’s some info about rail discounts here. For the drivers the Swiss Half Fare Card usually is the best choice and for the rail passengers the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass would be best I think.

Read through the pages I linked for the travel passes to see what areas they cover and discounts they provide. For example the half-fare card will allow car passengers to get half off trips to Mt. Titlis. The Swiss Travel Pass holders will be fully covered on that route and most others.

Regards,
    Lucas

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 March 2017 at 11:07:03 #859703

Hi AmitPuja,

Torgon is a good base for hiking in the immediate surroundings, although higher trails will not be accessible in May. However, it is not a good base to explore all of Switzerland. It’s too far south and only accessible via a curvy mountain road. So it takes time to get in and out of the village every day. Visiting Montreux is doable but the other places on your list are too far away for comfortable day trips. I’d recommend a more central place like Interlaken, for example.

Perhaps you are already aware of this, but I’d thought I’d let you know just in case.

• The thread ‘Around Torgon, suggest must see places to be seen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.