Arrival in Zurich Airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2010 at 4:20:19 #804034

Need some help on the followings as I am unable to find more info from SBB website:-

1) When arrive in Zurich airport via International flight, where can i buy the swiss pass? Is it the Ticket Office at Car Park 2 1st Floor as it was not stated very clearly the exact location in both SBB and Zurich airport webpage?
    2) If it is, what is the operating hours?

3) to get the swiss pass or swiss half fare card (still deciding on which one) and the family card (am travelling with 2 young children), what information needs to be furnished? Can I already find a form in the website so that I can save the trouble of filling in on the spot.

Am travelling straight from Zurich Airport to Interlaken.

Thanks for helping me with the above questions.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 October 2010 at 7:35:57 #831916

Hi Lalaland,

1) You can purchase your Swiss Pass at the rail station of the airport. It’s easy to find. You can also purchase your pass online so that you can board the train right away. Depending on your country of residence, the Swiss Family Card may not be available online. In that case, you can get it for free at the ticket office upon showing your rail passes and passports.
    2) Opening hours are listed at the SBB website.
    3) You need the passports of all travelers (the children may be listed at the passports of the adults). I don’t know of any forms that can be filled out beforehand.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2010 at 13:56:39 #831917

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Switzerland for 3 days with my husband.. 6 Nov to 8 Nov want to buy a Swiss pass for 4 days and wish to stay in Interlaken or Lucerne.
    Can you help me planning the trip I want to do at least 2 mt. picks and from
    1. where I can buy the my excurtion passes..?
    2.what is the discount on the passes with swiss pass
    3. how late the public buses operate in night in cities like lucerne..?

Annika
    7103 posts
    27 October 2010 at 16:01:47 #831918

Hello megha! If you want to stay in either Lucerne or Interlaken, you can easily visit some beautiful viewing points. For example, consider Mt. Rigi or Mt. Pilatus close to Lucerne, or the Jungfraujoch which can be reached from Interlaken. The trip between Lucerne and Interlaken takes about 2 hours, so you could choose one of both towns as your base and still visit viewing points near the other town.

A Swiss Saver Pass can be purchased online in advance. The Swiss Saver Pass offers free travel in regular trains, buses and boats. A 50% discount is granted for most cable cars and mountain trains. A trip to the Jungfraujoch is discounted by 25%. On the Swiss Pass page, you’ll find a link to a map showing the exact area of validity. Please refer to the link ‘Overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid’ under the header ‘Features’.

With your Swiss Saver Pass, you don’t have to buy tickets for regular trains, buses and boats. You can simply get on board and show your pass. Discounted tickets for cable cars and mountain trains can be purchased at the spot right before boarding in the valley. If you want to get up to the the Jungfraujoch, you can arrange for your tickets at several railway stations along the train route, such as Interlaken, Grindelwald and Lauterbrunnen. Just show your Swiss Saver Pass when buying a ticket and you’lll receive the right amount of discount.

The most important bus lines in Lucerne will, approximately, run until midnight. Your trips can be planned through the online timetable. City buses are inclued in this timetable as well.

I hope this answers your questions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 November 2010 at 14:38:26 #831919

hey thank you for the detailed reply .. I want to visit Mt. Titlis from lucerne and jungfrauch from interlaken as we will be staying in 2 nights in Lucerne and 1 night in interlaken.. can you guide me on the route for these mountains ..
    Can i buy the Swiss saver pass at the basel station and are there mt. excursion pases for these mountains to be prepurchased..? can I purchase them at the station ..?
    how much is the cost for jungfrauch excursion after swiss pass discount ..
    I am free for 1 day in Lucerne what can I do in lucern or any close by place can I visit..?

Annika
    7103 posts
    4 November 2010 at 5:11:18 #831920

Hello megha. You can plan your trips using the online timetable. Simply fill out your departure station (Lucerne or Interlaken) and your destination: Kleintitlis (which is the actual name for the viewing point which can be reached from Engelberg) or Jungfraujoch. The timetable will then come up with several possibilities. There are two routes leading up to the Jungfraujoch from Interlaken: one via Wengen, and one via Grindelwald. You could get up one way and return the other way. If you want to search connections for one of these routes, you can fill out either ‘Wengen’ or ‘Grindelwald’ as your via-station. Prices can be displayed in the online timetable as well. Pick a connection and click ‘Fare/Buy’ to get an overview of the prices. Between Wengen/Grindelwald and Jungfraujoch, a 25% discount on normal prices apply. Between Interlaken and Wengen/Grindelwald, a 50% discount is availble. A price list is available through the Jungfrau Railways website as well.

The Swiss Saver Pass can be purchased online and at larger Swiss railway stations, such as Basel, during hopening hours. Tickets for your trip to Mt. Titlis and Jungraujoch can best be purchased on the spot. Tickets to Mt. Titlis can be bought at the valley station, tickets for the Jungfraujoch can be purchased at the railway station of Interlaken. I would advice against pre-ordering your tickets, as such tickets are valid on a specific date only. If weather turns out to be very bad that day, the pre-ordered tickets would be a waste of your money. You can better check weather forecasts shortly in advance and then decide to get up or find an alternative plan.

Day trips from Lucerne include a boat trip over the lake, a visit to Mt. Rigi or Mt. Pilatus, a visit to the traffic museum, or strolling along the nice town centre. Please read this topic on Lucerne as well.

• The thread ‘Arrival in Zurich Airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.