ATM at Lucerne station

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 16:51:09 #811060

I am wondering if there is an ATM machine at Lucerne train station. I know Lucerne has money exchange services, but am looking specifically for ATM machines. I will training from Munich straight to Lucerne. I am debating whether or not I need to exchange money in the USA prior to heading overseas. I know the best exchange rates are when your withdraw money from the ATMs so if there is an ATM at Lucerne train station then I would wait until get there to get Swiss Francs, but if there is only money exchanging services and no ATM then I would get Swiss Francs in the US prior to my trip.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2017 at 17:10:26 #860043

Hi Aznqt703,

Yes, there are ATM machines in the train station – you can see the list of services for Luzern (local German spelling) here. There are at least two, if not more.

Lucas

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    14 March 2017 at 16:46:02 #860044

And you will pretty much find ATMs everywhere in the country. Even in small, car-free mountain villages such as Wengen there are two!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2017 at 17:17:09 #860045

Aznqt703,

There is an ATM on the wall by rail line 14. The symbol on the SBB rail station maps for is a little drawer with 100 in a box to look like a 100 chf. The SBB map doesn’t show the ATM symbol in the map legend and they are tiny, so you have to enlarge the map and search for them.

BeGood2All

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    16 March 2017 at 1:15:30 #860046

Yes, you can find ATM’s as noted. They give good rates. However, the currency exchange windows at the rail stations also give good rates. You do not need to be afraid of them.

The one to watch out for and avoid is “Travelex.” No matter where I have seen them, their rates are highway robbery.

Slowpoke

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    19 March 2017 at 12:58:53 #860047

ATMs are called Bancomat or Postomat.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    19 March 2017 at 13:04:07 #860048

You can use this ATM locator for the Mastercard (most ATMs would accept also Visa, Amex, etc.):

http://www.mastercard.com/sea /consumer/atm-locator.html

• The thread ‘ATM at Lucerne station’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.