Baggage lockers at train stations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2011 at 8:04:03 #804712

Hi,

I would like to check with you if there are baggage lockers at Bern and Zurich train stations and if so, the cost and the duration for the lockers? Please see my detailed plan below.

I am planning to visit Bern along the way from Lucern to Interlaken to reduce the total time spent on train rides. However, I would be lugging my trolley luggage along as I would be checking in to Interlaken for that night after Bern.

As for Zurich, my flight is at 10pm. I would be taking a train from Interlaken to Zurich and reaching Zurich at 1030am. I would like to deposit my luggage at the locker and do a tour around Zurich City and Rhine Falls before going to the airport. Can you advise what is the best way to get to Zurich City from the main Zurich Train Station and what are the main sights to cover?

Also, what is the way to get to the Zurich Airport from the Zurich main rail station and how long is the train ride? How much time in advance do I need to check in at the airport?

Thanks in advance!
    Xiaoqing

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    20 September 2011 at 11:55:19 #834231

Hi Xiaoqing. Yes, there are lockers at the railway stations of Bern and Zurich, so you can leave your luggage there when exploring Bern and visiting Zurich and the Rhine Falls. You can ask the Swiss railways about the costs, but generally you’ll pay a few Swiss francs per hour.

The Swiss timetable provides all details on traveling between Zurich and Zurich Airport (which is a very short train ride) and other trips you may want to make. Information on getting to the Rhine Falls can be found in this topic. Check-in procedures at the airport may depend on your flight company, but it’s always wise to get there well in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2011 at 3:41:33 #834232

Hi,

We were in Zurich in August 2011.There are medium and large lockers at the station, cost about 5 CHF medium, 9CHF large. There is a also a machine to change money nearby, but it’s a good idea to have some 1CHF and 2CHF coins with you

Regards,

• The thread ‘Baggage lockers at train stations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.