Which base Interlaken,Lauterbrunnen,Murren,Wengen?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2016 at 5:34:57 #809099

Dear friends,

back again at the final stage of planning. Reaching Basel at 6-30 hrs. on 10/8 and leave from Basel at 10/30 hrs on 14/08. Last 2- night at Lucerne . First 2 night we like to spent in in Jungfrau.

We are interested to visit Jaungfrauch and rest of the time to spent in and around nature.

So can anyone suggest where should we, the 50+ couple,choose the base interlaken/ lauterbrunen/wengen/mureen for 2-days?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 May 2016 at 0:48:59 #851573

Hi dipchat995 –

Some like Wengen. I do too.

Interlaken is a good connection point for the rest of Switzerland, but not such a good town for sightseeing.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim/page/2

The others are all good, too.

Have you looked at a map?

map.search.ch/.en.html ?x=-20008m&y=-24656m&z=16

Check –

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2016 at 8:15:01 #851574

Hi dip chat 995,

I was considering the same options as you for my visit to the area in June and based on the research I did and the comments I have seen, I have decided on Wengen for 3 nights/2 days. It seems to be a perfect location for hikes (my reason for being there) and beautiful views, and is a quaint car-free town that is not as busy as Grindelwald but has a bit more going on than Murren. Most people have steered me away from staying in Interlaken. And as pretty as Lauterbrunnen sounds, I prefer being higher rather than down in a valley. Hence I have chosen Wengen. I have yet to visit the area and I am sure I will not be disappointed, as you likely will not no matter where you decide to stay. Safe and happy travels.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2016 at 10:22:21 #851575

Hi my friends

Both you and slowspoke share your views and information just i needed.Now my mind is moving in between Lauterbrunnen and Wengen. I hope i will decide within sunday i.e before i book my stay.

thank you

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 May 2016 at 21:18:56 #851576

Hi Dipchat995 –

Jenny explained the very good reason for preferring Wengen The experience is very different from Lauterbrunnen, because of the magnificent views from Wengen, and the variety of places to stay and eat.

Slowpoke

PS – the Hotel Eiger is now an apartment building…

• The thread ‘Which base Interlaken,Lauterbrunnen,Murren,Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.