Which ticket to get from Basel Airport to Wengen?

• Briggs
    Participant
    12 posts
    9 January 2016 at 12:57:45 #808253

Can any body tell me how I get from Basle Airport to Wengen in July what tickets do I need

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 January 2016 at 13:32:46 #847581

Hi Briggs,

If you also travel back to Basel airport you need a Swiss Transfer Ticket, please see myswissalps.com/ swisstransferticket/pr ice. It includes the bus from the airport to the rail station and all trains to Wengen.

If you also need discounts on cable cars and mountains trains during your stay, then buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi. It’s the same thing but also offers a 50% discount on further tickets.

The timetable can be found here: myswissalps.com/ timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2016 at 21:18:32 #847582

My family and I, (5 of us) are travelling from Basel to Interlaken in August for 7 days. We are planning on a visit to Jungfrau and Schilthorn and I wanted to check if the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi also gives a 50% reduction on Jungfraujoch tickets? It would appear that this is the best value option for us and while it says on the website that it gives a discount on most train and cable car tickets, its not clear if it gives a reduction on Jungfrau tickets. Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 January 2016 at 10:17:27 #847583

Hi hvmckee,

In your case a Swiss Half Fare Card is slightly cheaper than a Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi (see here for how to calculate). The advantage of a Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi is that you don’t have to buy a ticket at the airport and can board the bus to the rail station straight away. Both options provide a 50% discount on Jungfraujoch tickets. From the UK, you can buy either of them through http://www.swisstravelsystem. co. uk?currency=GBP.

I hope this was useful. Please open a new thread if you have further questions.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2016 at 20:21:27 #847584

Thank you and apologies for not starting a new thread.

• The thread ‘Which ticket to get from Basel Airport to Wengen?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.