Basel – Interlaken-Lucern-Zermat plan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2014 at 22:19:46 #806616

Hi,

Please help me in planning my swiss trip with my husband and 4.5 yr old kid. Below is our itinerary. we are staying 4 nights in Interlaken.

15 sep –> Reach Basel at 2:45 pm

Take a train to interlaken , board Golden pass train@ interlaken and come back to interlaken.
    stay in interlaken

16- sep – Interlaken – Zermat -Interlaken

places to visit in Zermat?

17-Sep –> Interlaken- jungrfrauh – interlaken

18-Sep — >Interlaken – Lucern – Interlaken

Places to Visit to Lucern, Mount titlis

19-Sep –> interlaken to Basel – train

Visit Münster cathedral

Please suggest if it is doable? Also suggest the pass I need to take. Please suggest on any changes on my plan to add more places.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    1 September 2014 at 13:41:23 #840974

Hi dpkeee,

A 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass fits your plans. You can use the free travel days on Sep 15, 16, 18 and 19, and get discounted tickets on Sep 17 for your visit to the Jungfraujoch. See here for all information: http://www.myswissalps.com/swissflexipass.

I would propose a modification for the first and last day because your plans for the first day are not doable. On Sep 15, visit the cathedral after arrival, then take a train to Interlaken and check into your hotel. On Sep 19, travel from Interlaken via Spiez, Zweisimmen and Montreux to Basel. You will cover the southern leg of the Golden Pass line this way. The northern leg will be covered when you visit Lucerne.

For suggestions on places to visit, simply go to the respective town or region page, like this page for Zermatt. You can also find hotel suggestions there.

Hopefully this helps you to finalize your plans.

• The thread ‘Basel – Interlaken-Lucern-Zermat plan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.