Basel to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2013 at 11:12:30 #806101

hello all ,

I am trying to find train fare for the journey Basel to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc on http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.exe/en?

the results dispalyed for journey time I think is correct 5.39 min but fare is not displayed ?? it saysUnfortunately it is not possible to calculate the entire route for all the various products. Please select an available option.
    Sorry, your request was interrupted.
    You have the following options

• Please restart your booking.
  • You can order your trip using the offer/order form
    may i know the exact fare??

Thank you
    Hemant

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 July 2013 at 13:54:31 #839027

Hi Hemant,

That’s probably because the last leg of the trip is in France. Cross border trips sometimes fail to show their price online. You can check the price for the majority of the trip (Basel to “Le Châtelard VS, Frontière”) in the Swiss timetable. For the last leg in France I would advice to check with the local rail company over there: TMR SA.

Yumalation
    Participant
    8 posts
    10 July 2013 at 16:23:24 #839028

I haven’t been able to find any prices from TMR site. I heard that from Le Chatelard Frontier to Chamonix cost about 9 euros, but nobody seems to know for sure.
    Due to the rail works this summer Argentiere – Le Chatelard is operated by bus.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 July 2013 at 21:03:45 #839029

Thank you for your answers ..

Hemant

• The thread ‘Basel to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc’ is closed to new replies.