Basel to interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2011 at 23:06:54 #804321

Hi. I will be travelling from paris to basel to interlaken by train. I’ll be reaching Basel @ 11:56 AM.
    Is it possible to catch 12:01 train to Interlaken with 4 pieces of luggage. Change time available is just 5 mins.
    This will be my 1st visit to Swiss, so I’ll appreciate any advice.
    Regards.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    23 May 2011 at 13:44:21 #832918

Hi amit3ink,
    Welcome to our forum! It should be possible, provided that the train arrives on time. You need to hurry a bit though, as trains usually depart right on time. Only popular connecting trains occasionally wait for passengers from delayed trains.
    A guideline is provided by the timetable: if it offers this connection, then theoretically it should be possible.

But don’t worry if you miss it: at that time of the day, there’ll be a next train to Interlaken.

Enjoy the ride!

• The thread ‘Basel to interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.