Basel to Zermatt with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 14:43:52 #812861

Hi there, may I know does Swiss Travel Pass cover the journey from Basel to Zermatt via Olten and Spiez?

I have checked the area of validity on the map, there is part of the journey between Basel to Olten as well as Spiez to Visp are on the line of reduction. Do I need to pay for that with Swiss Travel Pass?

And I am unsure how many transfer stations in between.

Thank you =)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 August 2017 at 18:28:45 #867948

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Rhee69!

Yes, the Swiss Travel Pass covers the entire ride. The striped lines you see on the validity map indicate tunnels and they’re free with the Swiss Travel Pass. Only dotted lines indicate a discount, but that’s not relevant for this route.

The Swiss timetable allows you to find details for your connection. As you’ll see, the quickest connections have only 1 change of trains in Visp. If you’re up for a more scenic detour, enter “Kandersteg” or “Goppenstein” as a via-station. This beautiful ride avoids the long Lötschberg tunnel and offers views of the mountain range plus a great descent into the Rhone valley instead.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 18:37:21 #867949

That’s great , thank you for the info!

• The thread ‘Basel to Zermatt with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.