Basel to Zurich airport and Zurich in one day

• thebowl
    Participant
    8 posts
    6 July 2017 at 23:07:13 #812549

My wife and I will need to travel from Basel to the Zurich airport on 12 August with luggage early afternoon. We have a hotel room in the airport, but we will want to travel into Zurich for sightseeing, our last meal of our trip, and then back to the airport that evening. Is there any one day pass, possibly just for the round trip into Zurich and back to the airport? We would typically travel second class, having used the Swiss rail system several times in the past.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 4:21:19 #866422

A ZVV Day Pass would probably be your best option. To travel between the airport (Zone 121) and Central Zürich (Zone 110) you would require a Day Pass for 3 zones (Zone 110 counts as 2 zones for fare purposes). The cost would be CHF 13.60.

Details about the Day Pass are here:

http://www.zvv.ch/zvv/en/trav elcards-and-tickets/tickets/daypas s.html

You can see the zone map here:

http://www.zvv.ch/zvv-assets/abos-und-tickets/zonen/tarifzon en_d_e_16.pdf

Alpenrose

thebowl
    Participant
    8 posts
    7 July 2017 at 13:40:58 #866423

Thank you very much. So, I will just get some individual tickets for the train from Basel to the airport. I am aware that there are trains that do not require a change in the main station in Zurich.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 17:16:43 #866424

Yes, if you don’t already have a rail pass for your trip (before August 12) then a point to point ticket is your best option for Basel to Zurich. You may be able to find a Supersaver ticket as well.
    Yes, there are trains running direct between Basel and Zurich airport everyday – schedules can be found here.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Basel to Zurich airport and Zurich in one day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.