Swiss Travel Pass and 4 day itinerary help

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 10:59:58 #812029

Hi,

We are a family of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) travelling to Lucerne on 21-Jun-17 and going out on 24-jun-17 to venice. I would be glad if someone can guide on the queries below.

1. I had initially purchased tickets from Paris to Basel (TGV Lyria). Later i took the swiss travel pass which would cover the journey from Basel to Lucerne.

a. So now do i need to do any reservation using the swiss travel pass for the journey from Basel to Lucerne?

b. As i purchased the swiss travel pass later (after booking my train tickets for TGV Lyria), is there any discount which i missed or can still avail now that i have taken a swiss pass for that day?

3. My itinerary is as follows..

21-Jun – Arrive in Lucerne at 12:00. After lunch (around 2 pm) do the Mount rigi – i hope half a day excursion is good enough).

22-Jun – Do Mount Titlis during the day and hang out in lucerne lake area in evening.

23-Jun – Not clear on what to do…. Either jungfrau or Mount Pilatus or trying to find a beautiful place where i can i visit

24-Jun – Move to Venice. (availed the discount using swiss travel pass)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2017 at 16:49:52 #864158

Hi Greatrahul and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. No reservations are required or often available on Swiss trains
    2. No, the Swiss Travel Pass does not give you a discount on routes outside of Switzerland
    3. June 21 – Yes, 1/2 a day on Mt. Rigi is fine
    4. June 22 – Good plan
    5. June 23 – Jungfraujoch is about 4 hours each way from Luzern – see train timetable here. Mt. Pilatus is an option as is Stanserhorn, both are near Luzern.
    6. June 24 – yes, you just need to buy a ticket from Chiasso to Venice (via Milan).

Cheers!
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2017 at 1:44:19 #864159

>> 22-Jun – Do Mount Titlis during the day and hang out in lucerne lake area in evening.

You might be interested in doing a round trip evening cruise by steamship on the Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Luzern) to Beckenried.

On 22 June, the last round trip leaves Luzern Bahnhofquai (wharf opposite Luzern railway station) at 19:12, and reaches Beckenried at 20:31. Stay on board for the return trip leaving Beckenried one minute later at 20:32 and arriving back at Luzern at 21:47. (This is the last boat back to Luzern). Sunset will be at 21:25, so during the last 20 minutes or so, you will enjoy the view of town and city lights as darkness falls. As you will have a Swiss Travel Pass, this trip will be free.

Dress warmly, including a scarf, as it can be chilly out on deck in the evening!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and 4 day itinerary help’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.