Bergamo airport to Tirano traveling suggestion

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2016 at 20:19:44 #810120

Hi,

We will be at Bergamo Airport 11AM , 26th September.

While traveling from Bergamo airport to Tirano, how can I properly use my swiss travel card(If I travel from Bergamo to Lecco, then from lecco to Tirano). As because traveling from Lecco to tirano we need to pass through Colio, Morbegno, Sondrio and these area are covered by swiss travel pass(May be??).

One more thing, I think I’ll be at Tirano near about 15:30 on 26th September. So is their any plan we can make for the evening considering next morning we need to catch Bernina Express at 10 AM.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    17 September 2016 at 21:58:58 #856061

Hi Jitujohn1-

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

I’m not the expert on the rail passes- Arno and Annika know them well.

However, I look at the details here when I am trying to figure out validity:

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

and I download and check the map.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2016 at 7:58:06 #856062

Thanks Slowpoke, I have checked the map you provided, its seems to me Colio, Morbegno, Sondrio till Tirano are covered by swiss travel pass. What do you think ???

And No2. any recommendation activity for the evening ??? Thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 September 2016 at 8:21:37 #856063

Hi Jitujohn1,

The yellow lines you see on the map are the direct buses connecting Lugano to Tirano and St. Moritz. I’m pretty sure local Italian buses that may cover part of these routes are not covered. So theoretically you could travel from the airport to Lugano, spend the night, and take the direct Bernina Express bus to Tirano the next morning. The bus is free with a Swiss Travel Pass, apart from the seat reservation. I’m not sure if it’s worth the effort though. A regular train ticket from Bergamo to Tirano only costs € 10.50: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy/ price, which is less than the bus seat reservation.

I can’t help with activities in Tirano, sorry.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 September 2016 at 9:18:09 #856064

Hi JituJohn1 –

Sorry, I can’t help with Titrano, either. The only time that I was there, only for a short time in 1999 , we came from Sils or Silvaplana via Pontresina, stopped to take pictures of the train on the circular section at Brusio, had lunch in Tirano, and went back to Sils.

Did not have a very good lunch near the train station, either. You can see that I do remember at least one of the important things. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Bergamo airport to Tirano traveling suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.