Berggasthaus Aescher tomorrow; bad weather, help!

Berggasthaus Aescher tomorrow; bad weather, help!

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Amosk
Amosk
8 posts
May 18, 2016 - 6:49 AM

We have reservations tomorrow (may 19) at Berggasthaus Aescher. The weather forecast is very wet and cold. Is anyone familiar with this place and the short hike to get there?? Will it be dangerous in these conditions? We are on our way from Munich to Murren. Would we be better to cancel and stay perhaps in Lucerne???

Or do we bundle up and go for it???? This was one of our must see spots in Switzerland but .....

Last modified on May 18, 2016 - 7:05 AM by Amosk
Brahms
Brahms
214 posts
May 18, 2016 - 11:45 AM

If it is dangerous to walk by rain the 15 minutes, I dont no.

But when the weather is bad, you see noting from the surroundings.

Arno
Arno
7722 posts
expert &
May 18, 2016 - 12:03 PM

Hi Amosk,

Indeed the forecast looks miserable, unfortunately. I don't know that trail (the hotel should have details), but I agree with Brahms: there won't be much to see or do in such a place when it rains all day long. Lucerne would be a much better option, with plenty of museums and restaurants.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016