Berggasthaus Aescher tomorrow; bad weather, help!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2016 at 6:49:54 #809236

We have reservations tomorrow (may 19) at Berggasthaus Aescher. The weather forecast is very wet and cold. Is anyone familiar with this place and the short hike to get there?? Will it be dangerous in these conditions? We are on our way from Munich to Murren. Would we be better to cancel and stay perhaps in Lucerne???

Or do we bundle up and go for it???? This was one of our must see spots in Switzerland but …..

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2016 at 11:45:13 #852210

If it is dangerous to walk by rain the 15 minutes, I dont no.

But when the weather is bad, you see noting from the surroundings.

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 May 2016 at 12:03:24 #852211

Hi Amosk,

Indeed the forecast looks miserable, unfortunately. I don’t know that trail (the hotel should have details), but I agree with Brahms: there won’t be much to see or do in such a place when it rains all day long. Lucerne would be a much better option, with plenty of museums and restaurants.

• The thread ‘Berggasthaus Aescher tomorrow; bad weather, help!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.