Bern to Grindelwald one day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2017 at 3:43:03 #810705

Hi!

Me and my wife will be traveling to Switzerland for the first time in early March this year. We will be staying in Bern for two nights.

We are thinking of making a ONE DAY trip from Bern –> Thun –> Interlaken –> Grindelwald –> Bern.

Is it too much to do for one day in early March?

Which place do you recommend to spend more time in order to have nice scenery?

Many thanks!

Waruna

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 February 2017 at 13:05:07 #858614

Hi Waruna, thanks for joining us!

Yes, a day trip to Grindelwald from Bern is certainly possible. It takes about 1h30 for a single journey. If you consult the timetable you’ll get to see traveling times and details on each connection. Ideas for the Grindelwald region are listed here. In clear weather I’d recommend to visit a viewing point such as Männlichen, Kleine Scheidegg, First or even Jungfraujoch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 February 2017 at 1:12:16 #858615

Hi Annika,

Thanks a lot for your reply and information. The links you suggested give a lot of information I need. I will plan my trip accordingly.

Best wishes!

Waruna

• The thread ‘Bern to Grindelwald one day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.