Bern to Murren … Swiss pass or not?

• ludger
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 July 2011 at 11:48:13 #804506

Hello,

My wife and I are going to a 4 days trip in September. We’ve bought the Eurostar tickets and Rail Europe tickets from Paris to Bern. My doubt is whether worth buying a Swiss pass for the following itinerary:

Bern to Interlaken;
    Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen;
    Lauterbrunnen to Grutschalp (cablecar)
    Grutschalp to Murren.

and way back.

Those are our only travels using public transport.

Also, is there any difference in the price booking the tickets on internet or buying at the station (like Bern – Interlaken)?

Does anyone know how much the single cable car ticket cost?

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 July 2011 at 14:03:02 #833548

Hi ludbger,

Welcome to our website! So you won’t be using any trains or cable cars during your stay in Mürren? Your trip from Bern to Mürren and back costs CHF 87.20. You can find that in the timetable. That’s what you would pay locally or online through the Federal Railways (SBB). Other resellers may charge slightly different prices. There is no pass that would make this trip cheaper.

ludger
    Participant
    2 posts
    23 July 2011 at 14:33:11 #833549

Hi Arno,

Thank you for your help! Now I’m just waiting to put the backpack on!

Regards,

Giuliano

• The thread ‘Bern to Murren … Swiss pass or not?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.