Bern train station transfer

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2011 at 9:03:53 #804681

Hi,

I will be travelling from Zurich airport to Interlaken West and will be transferring at Bern.

However, the train arrives from Zurich airport at platform 5 but will be leaving 6 minutes later at platform 4. Can anyone help me and point me in the direction to run, haha?
    I have checked, the train to Bern will arrive at platform 4 at 11.56 and leaves at 12.04. My train from Zurich arrives at platform 5 at 11.58. Does that mean I can just cross from one carriage to the next trains carriage and there is no need to go onto platforms? Would I need to rush up the escalator and down?
    Best regards,
    Nicky

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 September 2011 at 11:26:20 #834147

Hi Nicky,

The list of station plans I just provided in this topic includes Bern as well. Any change suggested by the timetable is doable, provided that the trains run on time, which they mostly do.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2011 at 10:53:21 #834148

Hi Arno, than you for the advice. It seems that I have to quickly get down the escalator and up again at the correct platform if I am in the middle carriages? Is that correct? I am getting a second class Swiss Pass. Will I end up in the sections A and B?

If I am near the front or rear, I have to climb up the cross connecting platforms and down again?

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 September 2011 at 11:09:32 #834149

Hi Nicky,

Yes, it’s something like that; it depends on the length of the train and where it stops exactly. There are signs to the other platforms everywhere. Just look for any way to get off the platform (or follow the other people; many of them will switch in Bern as well) and you’ll quickly find your next train. It’s quite easy to find your way around train stations once you’ve experienced a few of them.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2011 at 11:30:32 #834150

Haha,

Thanks Arno. Sorry for asking for the specifics. My girlfriend and I want to maximise our touring time so I would like figure these out first before I get there. Six minutes is also quite a short time so we need to move fast. Thanks for the advise.

• The thread ‘Bern train station transfer’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.