Trip report Berner Oberland 3 full days in August

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 September 2016 at 8:41:50 #856036

Hi spokanedan,

Welcome to MySwissAlps, and thanks for sharing your holiday experiences here! The Lauterbrunnen valley is wonderful indeed. Glad to hear you were happy with Lauterbrunnen as your base. I checked your links and pictures; they show you were able to enjoy a couple of adventurous days with gorgeous weather.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 September 2016 at 21:04:03 #856037

Incredible photolog…thank you. We were wondering about some of the hikes and this provided answers!

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    17 September 2016 at 21:50:40 #856038

Stunning photography and great narrative!

I am reminded again why I’ve never done the Via Ferrata. (I’m afraid of heights, clearly you all are not!)

Thank you very much

spokanedan
    Participant
    2 posts
    17 September 2016 at 22:41:52 #856039

Thank you all and Arno and Annika for hosting this site. We were very fortunate to have sunny weather throughout. A couple other comments about our experience:

— Swiss trains were outstanding in on time, ease of use, staff competency and cleanliness. We were newbies in train travel, and glade our initiation to European rails started at Switzerland.

— prices of ascending to Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn are high, but IMO worth every penny. HFC helped our wallets some, as well as my youngest being 15 (completely free with a complementary HFC pass). I am very glade that we did not skip either destination due to cost.

— Lauterbrunnen is not as picturesque as Murren or Wengen, offers less activity than Grindelwald, and less sunny than all 3, but its location was most central for us. The town is self sufficient – a well stocked grocery store, banks, restaurants and a medical clinic. We are very happy with our apartment rental via Steinbock Hotel/Restaurant.

It was a trip of life time!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2016 at 1:55:51 #856040

Great Pictures with your hiking , rare pictures in this site, thanks for sharing with us, very inspiring, though we just returned, we did not hike at all. I am not so adventurous as you guys hiking steep heights. May be next time will try.

traveljet
    Participant
    387 posts
    18 December 2016 at 15:08:58 #856041

Wow! Thanks for the photos of your hikes. Age is indeed on your side for some of the long hikes and the scary via Ferrata experience. Thoroughly enjoyed your report and hiking blog. 😄😄 definitely agree that the price to get up to the Jungfraujoch was worth it for us as well.

• The thread ‘Trip report Berner Oberland 3 full days in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.