Bernese Oberland Region Pass to Zermatt?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 13:48:53 #811219

On the last day of our Bernese Oberland Pass we will be travelling to Zermatt. The BO Pass map shows we are covered for travel as far as Brig, but not Visp. It looks like the fastest route might be on an express train that uses a tunnel from Speiz to Visp, but that train might not be covered by the BO pass? So for the most economical solution, I presume I need to travel to Brig on my BO pass and then buy a ticket from Brig to Zermatt from there. Is this correct? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 17:02:11 #860666

Hi elbarcosr1,

Yes, via Visp is not included as that’s via the long tunnel (the grey line on the map). The “older” more scenic route via Kandersteg to Brig is included (red line).

Lucas

• The thread ‘Bernese Oberland Region Pass to Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.