Bernese Oberland vs Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2016 at 21:34:59 #809746

Hi, I am trying to decide between the Bernese Oberland or Swiss Travel Pass. I’ve studied the validity maps of both, but am struggling to read the map enough to see what is and isn’t included on the Travel Pass in the Jungfrau/Lauterbrunnen area.

As far as I can see, the following are included with the Bernese Oberland pass but not the Swiss Travel Pass: Brienzer Rothorn, Niederhorn, Harder Kulm, Kleine Scheidegg (from Wengen or Grindelwald), First (from Grindelwald), Mannlichen. Have I got these correct?

Is there anything else that is included in the Bernese Oberland but not the Travel Pass? For the first part of our holiday we will be staying in Lauterbrunnen and have a 6 year old daughter who loves cable cars! Are there any cable cars that are fully included in the Swiss Travel Pass?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 July 2016 at 9:35:35 #854520

Hi alsvarnster, thanks for joining in!

Some sections of the map are indeed tiny and a bit hard to read, but did you try zooming in? That way you can see all details. Please see:

The places you mentioned are all to be reached for free with the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. The Swiss Travel Pass provides a 25-50% on these rides, and it includes the cable cars to Mürren and the cogwheel trains to Wengen and Schynige Platte for free. Also it allows free access to many museums, like the Swiss open-air museum in Ballenberg near Brienz.

• The thread ‘Bernese Oberland vs Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.