Apr 3, 2016 - 11:44 AM
One more query about rail passes for you :)
Me and my wife would be travelling to OB region towards end of July and following is our tentative itinerary:
1. Leave from Venice to MIlan. Take train from Milan to Spiez and then Spiez to Interlaken. Stay the night at Interlaken
2. Next day move to Lauterbrunner or Wengen for 3N/4 Days. Our idea is to keep 1 day for trip to Jungfrau and other days for hiking (Kleine Sheidegg and Mannlichen, Murren to Schilthorn, Lauterbrunnen to Trummelbach Falls, Boat ride in Lake Thun or Brienz etc.). Both of us are fit and moderately challenging hikes should not be an issue
3. At the end of day 4, leave from Lauterbrunner or Wengen to Lucerne and spend a day in Lucerne (I am guessing via Interlaken)
4. Leave for Paris from Lucerne
Now the questions:
1. Is Speiz - Interlaken covered under the OB regional pass?
2. Is Interlaken - Lucerne covered under the OB regional pass?
3. During hiking in the region, does one need to frequently take cable cars, lifts or short train trips to reach the starting point etc. or if you are fit and have the time, everything is doable on foot.
4. Does the answer to Question 3 change based on place of stay (Lauterbrunner or Wengen or Murren)?
Please suggest would be it be best to buy a Regional OB pass or some other pass.
Thanks a lot for your help