Purchased Bernina Express seat reservations but no confirmation

• Miggles
    Participant
    59 posts
    24 January 2024 at 14:59:36 #1090720

I went online on the RhB website given to me by My Swiss Alps to make seat reservations. I picked my seats and paid for them.  I see the withdrawal on my bank transactions. What I didn’t receive is a confirmation. Do they send a separate confirmation by email?  I can see that those seats now show not available. How can I prove I bought those seats for my May 23 trip???I am not sure how to reach them to get this settled.  I do have the phone number for the Tirano station.  Should I call?

Miggles

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    24 January 2024 at 15:29:43 #1090722

Hi Miggles,

An email confirmation should be received to the email address you provided when you processed the seat reservation.  Did you also check your spam / junk file, incase it went there?

If not, of course you can call, or there is also contact form on the RHB website. Scroll to “Other websites of interest”.

Keep us posted.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Miggles
    Participant
    59 posts
    24 January 2024 at 16:07:51 #1090724

Yolanda,

I tried to call but I get a message it wouldn’t go through.  I will try their website.

Thanks,

Miggles

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    24 January 2024 at 16:48:03 #1090731

Thanks for the update Miggles.

I am sure all will be fine, especially if payment has been processed.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

Miggles
    Participant
    59 posts
    24 January 2024 at 17:19:14 #1090732

Yolanda,

My call went through but it was not in English.  I went to the website and scrolled down but never saw “Other websites of interest”. I did a live chat and she gave me a couple of webites and an email address. I chose emailing them at [email protected].   I am not sure how that will work.  It’s making me nervous.

Miggles

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    24 January 2024 at 18:21:16 #1090733

Hi Miggles,

Yes, that’s the email address I would use.  They sometimes take a while to reply but they do reply.  Probably tomorrow, they will respond as it’s already 6.20pm here.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

DebH
    Participant
    75 posts
    25 January 2024 at 9:41:58 #1091477

Hi Miggles, I have emailed them and did get a reply, but it took a day or two.

I got an email after reserving our seats that had a link to a .pdf with a barcode and the dates, time and seat numbers.  The email had details of what I had booked, including our charcuterie platter and glass of wine.

Miggles
    Participant
    59 posts
    31 January 2024 at 17:18:07 #1106406

Yolanda,

I finally received my seat reservations on Monday!! Thank you and Deb. H for your responses. I had put a wrong email address!!  I usually always doubler check. I will from now on. Now to get my Swiss Travel Pass.

Miggles

Yolanda
    2352 posts
    31 January 2024 at 17:22:30 #1106407

Hi Miggles,

So glad you wrote.  I was starting to wonder…..  So happy to hear it all worked out 🙂

I am sure the purchase of your Swiss Travel Pass will be smoother!

Some purchase options, if need be here:  https://www.myswissalps.com/travel-ticket/swiss-travel-pass/#tickets

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Purchased Bernina Express seat reservations but no confirmation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.