Bernina Express trip from Lucerne

Bernina Express trip from Lucerne

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Nidhi12
Nidhi12
2 posts
Aug 17, 2016 - 3:18 AM

Have been wanting to do the most scenic rail route ( as per what i read in other forums ) of switzerland 'the bernina express' please give your inputs on how to do it given my base station would be luzerne. Me and my husband with two year old kid are travelling. Value your recommendations , TIA !!

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 17, 2016 - 9:55 AM

Hi Nidhi12, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Would you want to do this as a day trip from Lucerne, returning to your accommodation the same afternoon or evening? In that case it's quite a challenge, as just a single trip Lucerne-Tirano over the Bernina Express route takes nearly 7 hours. So only if you leave very early and don't mind returning late, this is doable. You'd better plan an overnight stay along the route, e.g. in or near St. Moritz or Tirano. In that case you could even make a scenic round trip, returning via Locarno, Flüelen and Göschenen using the Wilhelm Tell Express-route.

Please use the pages below to find details on all options:

Nidhi12
Nidhi12
2 posts
Aug 18, 2016 - 7:23 AM in reply to Annika

Thanks Annika for your reply.

great help, i will change my itinerary a bit now.

cheers!!

nidhi

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016