Best experience in shortest time from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2013 at 5:14:35 #806066

I will be taking my husband and 4 students to Zurich – flying from Stockholm. I have not booked the flight yet but I know I will be flying on 18 July. From Zurich, i want to get the best train experience for 1 whole day (19th) and will be flying back on the 20th. We want to avoid staying at expensive hotels or may be we’ll take sleeper train to take us somewhere while we are sleeping. That is to save money on accommodation and cover more grounds/getting more sceneries. Please recommend us something. I was thinking of taking the Jungfraujoch train ($208) and a swiss pass but that is not economical. Please help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 June 2013 at 7:58:27 #838935

Hi rudyhashim111,

A Swiss Card includes free traveling from Zurich airport to Wengen. From Wengen you need a ticket to the Jungfraujoch which is 50% discounted for Swiss Card holders. The next day you can travel back to Zurich for free as well. There are no night trains in Switzerland. There is some affordable accommodation in Interlaken which can be found here. The RiverLodge still has some rooms available for your dates.

The quickest route from Zurich to the Jungfrau is via Bern, but I would recommend to do one of your transfers via Meiringen and Lucerne. That takes a bit more time but it’s more scenic. The Swiss Card requires traveling via the most direct route but in this case both routes are allowed as one is the quickest and the other one is the shortest distance.

If you’re from Sweden you can get the Swiss Card here.

Does this help?

• The thread ‘Best experience in shortest time from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.