Best hikes in the swiss alps??

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2014 at 20:32:44 #806291

Hi, my wife and I are avid hikers but have never hiked in the alps, only the Canadian Rockies. We actually lived in Switzerland for a few months one winter skiing but have never been in the summer. I was wondering if there’s a list of generally agreed upon “best hikes” in the swiss alps? I’m having trouble figuring out what the highlights are. We would probably have time for 10-15 days of hiking. I found this list online, is it pretty good? If not please share which hikes you don’t recommend from the list and which you would prioritize higher that are not on it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.hikingcamping.com/blog/2012/10/14-premier-dayhikes-in-the-swiss-alps/

PS. If use “kim11” reads this, I would love to see your document you mentioned in another thread if you don’t mind sharing, my email is [email protected]

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    2 April 2014 at 7:06:17 #839697

Hi qwibbled,

Just sent it off, post up again if you don’t receive

Kim

Arno
    15482 posts
    3 April 2014 at 6:43:32 #839698

Hello qwibbled,

I don’t know all hiking areas listed on that website, but I do know most of them and they’re beautiful. What’s the “best hike” is pretty personal so I don’t think there’s a list that fits everyones preferences. For example, some trails require bits of rock climbing or are pretty exposed so you have to pay attention all the time. That’s not my preference, but the scenery is great and others may not mind. Some people like 1 hour hikes, others want 6 hours minimum. Etc.

You can find many trail suggestions here, and we’ll soon ad more. Some of my favorites are Engstligenalp – Unter dem Birg, Grütschalp – Mürren, Hohtenn- Lalden, Piz Nair – Bever, Rotenboden – Riffelalp, Sillerenbühl – Bütschi – Bergläger and Murtel – Pontresina. There so much, you can’t go wrong. You just need good weather.

• The thread ‘Best hikes in the swiss alps??’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.