Best itinerary from 07 to 10 October 2015

Best itinerary from 07 to 10 October 2015

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
amita
amita
2 posts
Sep 19, 2015 - 3:17 PM

I am travelling with my sister reaching Zurich on 7 oct noon till 10 oct. we take a flight back to Delhi on 11 oct at noon.

I would like to visit :

Jungfrau mountain/ mount titilis, riggi, pilatus

and travel on glacier express

any suggesstions?

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Sep 20, 2015 - 8:00 AM

Hello amita, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your list of plans is pretty long for a 4 day stay. The most relaxed option would be to base yourself in Lucerne and make day trips from there. Titlis, Rigi and Pilatus can all be easily reached from Lucerne. The Jungfraujoch is doable too, although it's a long day trip. You can best check traveling times using the timetable, and study the 'Route' sections at the pages I linked to.

The Glacier Express is too far for day trip from Lucerne, so if you definitely want to include it, you'd have to opt for another kind of itinerary crossing the country, rather than making base trips from one town. In this case, you could start with one or two days in Lucerne, than travel to Interlaken and do the Jungfraujoch trip, and then head for Zermatt to board the Glacier Express. This would be quite a full scheme though.

These general planning tips may be of help as well.

I suggest you look into rail passes. A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass will probably be the most convenient option. Tips on how to find the right one, including a downloadable overview, can be found at www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass.

amita
amita
2 posts
Sep 20, 2015 - 9:05 AM in reply to Annika

Thank you Annika for prompt reply.

But, I would be based in Zurich! need to take day trips from Zurich only.'

Thanks

wanderer
wanderer
9 posts
Sep 21, 2015 - 3:13 AM in reply to amita

hi just saw your post , we just returned from an 8 day trip from swiss ,from pune .

what you are trying to do is too much , better to do less and spend more time

at few selected spots .. and let the atmosphere take you in , these are pretty places .

staying in zurich is point less because from the airport you take a train and get to luzern

in 1 hour plus and save time to and fro to zurich . and reduce your excursion timings and travel fatigue .

Doing titlis , jungfrau and pilatus is also too much in the time available ... reqst think again ..

pilatus is must as it gives you all modes of transport in one trip , fabulous it is. .....

suggest take it easy , just going round lucern and taking in the veiws and fresh air after delhi will be relaxing .

enjoy and be happy while you are there .

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016