Best “lake “scenic trips

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 April 2012 at 4:24:44 #805122

Greetings to the forum! I would like to use my swiss pass to cruise/sightsee on a lake or two.
    I’m considering the following possibilities….but would like other options/opinions.My bases will be in Brig,Lugano,Lucerne.My aim is “scenic travel/route” as much as the destination.
    1.Murten to Neuchatel[or vice versa]
    2.Fluelen to Lucerne
    3.lugano to Morcote or Lugano to Ponte Tresa or Lugano to Gandria…which one to choose???
    Would appreciate info on other scenic cruises near to my bases . In relation to the Fluelen/lucerne route…is it all interesting/scenic,or would I be better to shorten the trip and complete journey into Lucerne by train?:-)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 April 2012 at 12:24:15 #835588

Hi mbear12. I have no personal experience with any of the boat trips near Lugano. The first option (Murten-Neuchatel) isn’t really close to any of your bases, but you can use the timetable to decide whether the traveling times are acceptable to you. I do know that the boat ride from Flüelen to Lucerne is stunning, so if you have the time, you should definitely take the boat instead of the train here. From Lucerne, Interlaken can be reached quite easily too. Boat trips on either lake Thun or lake Brienz are a wonderful experience.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2012 at 2:00:06 #835589

Thanks Annika….You are quite right re the Murten-Neuchatel boat.I am interested to walk around Murten[the walled city] as suggested in a forum “scenic” town option,and thought I could possibly do both,probably from Brig[train via Kandersteg one way] However,weather and time will make the decision for me.Don’t fall off your chair….am also “looking” at the possibility of also doing one of the “Niederhorn”hikes the same day!! Again my plans could well come unstuck once I’m in Switzerland+post Tour Du Mont Blanc body condition!

• The thread ‘Best “lake “scenic trips’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.