Best Mont Saleve hikes with a dog

• lavalavi23
    Participant
    2 posts
    2 September 2020 at 9:36:50 #825674

Hi there! A friend and I are planning to go hike in Mont Saleve next weekend. We have never been there before so we’re hoping that someone can help us out. We will get there with public transportation from Geneva. Our idea is to hike up, spend some time at the top and then take the telepherique down. Or is it better to take the telepherique up and hike down?

We are also unsure about which path to take. We are both fit but not experienced hikers, and we will take my dog so the path has to be safe for him. I understand that there are three main ways up: the Grande Gorge, Sentiere de la Corraterie and Sentier d’Orjobet. We’re looking for a path with nice views and possibly some particularly interesting parts (the Grotte d’Orjobet seems nice, and does any of the paths go through something like this? images.app.goo.gl/Vr92qW7eSGd67goEA ). Thanks in advance for the help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2020 at 22:08:03 #934219

You can hike up and down the Salève. The hike is fairly easy. I’ve seen people walking up the Salève in trainers and even sandals.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2020 at 11:17:01 #934220

Hi Lavalavi23 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Usually I hike from up to down as we hike with small children and it is easier for them but sometimes it can be challenging as well if it is too steep. Make sure to take your walking boots with you.

I haven’t been at Salève so far, so I have no personal experience. But found this one for you, it might help you: thingstodoingeneva.ch/a-guide-to-hiking-up-the-saleve/

If you are interested, you’ll find more activity tips in and around Geneva at http://www.myswissalps.com/geneva/activities.

Safe hiking!

Ildiko

Also check this one for more information on hiking in Switzerland: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking

lavalavi23
    Participant
    2 posts
    4 September 2020 at 6:01:23 #934221

Thank you both for the replies 🙂

• The thread ‘Best Mont Saleve hikes with a dog’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.