Best of Switzerland via Swiss Tours?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2016 at 10:16:44 #809527

Hi to all and thanks very much for such a great forum.

I am considering booking a 11 day 10 night holiday through Swiss Tours. Has anyone travelled with them or had experience with them. The itinerary includes:

Inclusions:

• 2nd class train tickets as required by the itinerary
    • 2 nights accommodation in Lucerne
    • 1 nights accommodation in Lugano
    • 1 night accommodation in St Moritz
    • 2 nights accommodation in Zermatt
    • 1 night accommodation in Montreux
    • 2 nights accommodation in Interlaken
    • 1 night accommodation in Zurich
    • Seat reservation on the Wilhelm Tell Express including meal voucher worth swiss francs 19
    • Seat reservation on the Bernina Express train and coach
    • Seat reservation on the Glacier Express
    • Seat reservation on the Golden Pass Line Montreux Interlaken
    • Excursion to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise
    • Excursion to Jungfraujoch
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 June 2016 at 14:48:28 #853440

Hi Naomi

No experience with that company, but it sure looks like a great tour for a first time visitor. You will get a really excellent sampling of special places in Switzerland. I suspect that you’ll have two results –

you will want to go back, and, you’ll have a good idea of where to spend more time when you do go back. 😉

With quite a few “one night” stays, you’ll spend a lot of time on some really nice train rides, but won’t have a lot of time in the destinations for those days.

My own style is to base in one or two, maybe 3 places for a trip of that length and do day trips, which can be planned easily if you wish to try that approach.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

http://www.myswissalps.com/ge ttingstarted

Either way, you’ll have enough time in the country to appreciate it and get a really good range of experiences. You’ll almost surely wish you had more time in the Jungfrau region, but all the others are worthwhile, too.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2016 at 15:36:30 #853441

Hi Naomi. I booked a Swiss Tour package for my first trip. It is completely free and easy. You need to find your own way around. I used google map. There is no travel guide to lead you. It’s as good as you do your own travel arrangements. Calculate your costs.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2016 at 15:46:41 #853442

Hi Naomi. When I bought the 5 days Interlaken/Lucern package with Swiss Tours, it included a Swiss Half Fare Pass. All rail/bus rides were fully paid for 5 days and cable car rides and entry to Titlis and Jungfrujoch were included in the tickets as they are part of the package. Being my first trip I did not know about the half fare pass. Fortunately I showed my pass at the ticket counter when I went to Pilatus which was not included in the package. I then realised that the half fare pass entitled me to a 50% discount for rail/bus/cable car rides and entrries to places for 1 month.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2016 at 22:08:05 #853443

Thanks to everyone for your responses. Much appreciated and extremely helpful.

• The thread ‘Best of Switzerland via Swiss Tours?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.