Best pass for 10 days Zurich, Wengen, Geneva

• MarkLarry
    Participant
    5 posts
    12 September 2020 at 15:31:38 #825685

Hi everyone,

I got access to all tips, the rail pass calculation sheet and read a few posts from others but still debating.

What is the best option to save a few for my 10 day trip in Switzerland. We are planning staying 2 days in Zurich, 5 days close to Wengen region and 3 days around Geneva.

Do you think the Half Fare + Saver day Passes is the best strategy? Another question, how do I apply HFC to SDP purchases?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    12 September 2020 at 17:32:28 #934261

Hi MarkLarry,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps.

You can purchase the Saver Day Pass online from 60 days in advance up to the day before travel. If you have a Swiss Half Fare Card, just choose the half-fare ticket option instead of the full price from the menu. Please visit these links to find out more about how to use the Saver Day Pass and Swiss Half Fare Card.

Whether the Swiss Half Fare Card + Saver Day Pass is the best combination for you, that will depend on your itinerary. Personally I would prefer getting the Swiss Travel Pass as it offers the greatest flexibility. If you are still unsure, have a look at this link to see a few examples of using the Saver Day Pass against or combined with other railpasses: http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/details

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Anna

MarkLarry
    Participant
    5 posts
    12 September 2020 at 17:40:56 #934262

Thank you Anna! This was very helpful.

We are so excited for this trip! I’m purchasing the Swiss Half Fare Card + Saver Day Pass for our scheduled trips and the Jungfrau Travel Pass for our 4-5 day in the region.

Best,

Anna
    6355 posts
    12 September 2020 at 18:19:19 #934263

Hi MarkLarry,

That’s great. Enjoy your trip!

Regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Best pass for 10 days Zurich, Wengen, Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.