Best pass for Zurich airport – Zermatt – Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2016 at 3:19:33 #808530

Dear All,

May I know which pass suits my itinerary best next week?

zurich airport to Zermatt

zermatt for two nights, would like to go up to Gornergratt or Sunegga

zermatt to Milan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 March 2016 at 6:52:42 #848984

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

If you only use one cable car or cogwheel train while in Zermatt I’d recommend the Swiss Transfer Ticket. It includes your transfers from the airport to Zermatt and Zermatt to the Swiss border (Domodossola). Additionally you need a ticket from Domodossola to Milan. Please see here for where to buy:

You can buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket online and print it at home through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. Select “Online Ticket” when delivery options are presented. Be sure to order at least 3 working days before traveling as there’s some processing time involved.

If you plan to do more trips in Zermatt you can buy the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi instead, as it also provides a 50% discount on those additional trips. If you prefer that one, please select the correct product under “Rail product” and click “Show results” on the first page I mentioned above.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2016 at 10:07:36 #848985

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your quick reply.

1. according to the website:

The Swiss Transfer Ticket is a return ticket from the Swiss border or one of Switzerland’s airports to your destination (ticket is valid for one month, but each journey must be completed in one day and on the most direct route) –> Does it mean it only applicable to my trip from Zurich airport to Zermatt? as my trip from Zermatt to Milan via Domodossola will be two days later after staying in Zermatt.

Pls advise. Thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 March 2016 at 12:33:09 #848986

Hi Natalie,

That’s no problem, it just means you have to complete Zurich airport to Zermatt in one day, and Zermatt to Domodossola in one (other) day. Both days could be up to a month apart. So this fits your trip perfectly. For more details, please see the first link in my previous post and click “How to use”.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2016 at 13:02:26 #848987

Thanks Arno!

• The thread ‘Best pass for Zurich airport – Zermatt – Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.