Best pay as you go 3g?

Best pay as you go 3g?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
0321recon
0321recon
13 posts
Oct 19, 2011 - 11:18 PM
Can you now buy a swisscom pay as you go 3g SIM? I have an 02 SIM we used in Ireland that roamed to Orange in France and I did use it in Switzerland on the Haute Route, but I won't go to that expense again. Can you buy a PaGo SIM in Switzerland as easy as you can an 02 in Ireland?
Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Oct 24, 2011 - 12:57 PM
Hi Bob C, and welcome to the forum! I don't have experience with the specific type of SIM you're asking for, but the following forum topics may help you out:

- SIM card
- update on cell phones

The Swisscom website will probably provide relevant information too.

I hope you'll find what you're looking for! Best regards,
KaraBoo
KaraBoo
13 posts
Oct 26, 2011 - 11:52 AM
Last month I bought a 3g SIM for my iPad at the Zurich airport SwissCom store; they installed it, activated it and the whole process took about 8 minutes. It worked everywhere except in one deep valley Ticino. Even worked on moving trains. I got a month's worth of usage with 2 gigs of data for around US$50, if I recall correctly. I did have to show my passport to buy it, by the way. Easy as pie!
0321recon
0321recon
13 posts
Oct 26, 2011 - 12:46 PM
That is great to hear. Just what I need!

KaraBoo said: Last month I bought a 3g SIM for my iPad at the Zurich airport SwissCom store; they installed it, activated it and the whole process took about 8 minutes. It worked everywhere except in one deep valley Ticino. Even worked on moving trains. I got a month's worth of usage with 2 gigs of data for around US$50, if I recall correctly. I did have to show my passport to buy it, by the way. Easy as pie!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016