Best places to see in and around interlaken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 7:09:08 #811273

Hi all,

please suggest the must visit places in and around interlaken.

I am also interested in seeing bachalpsee lake, how can I reach there. I will be staying near interlaken west train station. Also plz educate me about grindelwald first

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 8:26:05 #860991

HI Monamehta,

You can see our list of recommended things to do in Interlaken here.

You can read about the hiking trip to Bachsee (Bachalpsee) from Grindelwald First here
    and for other activities and hikes in the area look here.

For specific information on what to do at Grindelwald First look here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 13:05:27 #860992

The gandola which takes us to first how much is the price. Is it free with swiss travel pass? Do we have to carry a map or the route to bachsee has signboards on the roads. I hope I dont get lost

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 14:48:29 #860993

Hi Monamehta,

The prices are listed on the link on my previous post – I believe 60 chf. It is 50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass. No maps are needed for this route – it is well signed to Bachalpsee.

When are you going? Many mountain trails and gondolas are closed temporarily in the Spring due to maintenance or snow. Please ensure you check before heading up. If you travel in after late May you will have no issues.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 15:04:49 #860994

Oh No!! 🙁 I will be in interlaken on 8th, 9th and 10th of May. That means it might be a possibility that Jungfraujoch routes can also be closed? Is it so?

Also, is it possible to cover jungfrau excursion and Bachsee in one day? in case the conditions are favorable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 15:56:00 #860995

You will be able to go up Jungfraujoch – no worries there. But some other gondolas and hiking trails may be closed as I said above.

For example, the gondolas to Männlichen (nearby) from Wengen and Grindelwald are closed until late May.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2017 at 17:41:31 #860996

The day I visit jungfraujoch, I wish to see bachsee lake on the same day. Is it possible to cover both on same day? while returning from jungfrau, I’ll stop at grindelwald and from there on I move towards FIRST and then the lake. does it sound feasible?

and also, for how can one stay at jungfraujoch? is there any time limit within which one has to leave from there?

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 April 2017 at 9:20:07 #860997

Yes, that sounds like a good plan. If the weather is nice it will be worth it to go up to First even if the trail to Bachsee would be closed.

There is no time limit for Jungfraujoch. You can stay there all day long if you wish, unless you have booked a specific train back (not required). Please see myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch for things to do there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2017 at 13:06:02 #860998

Hi,

Is there any problem of oxygen at jungfraujoch. should my mom go up there? she is around 60 years of age.

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 April 2017 at 16:57:31 #860999

Hi Monamehta,

No special precautions are necessary for anyone older than 2 years old, unless someone is in bad health. Please see the page I linked to in my previous post for details.

• The thread ‘Best places to see in and around interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.