Best possible itinerary for 4 nights in May

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2016 at 11:11:44 #808615

Hi,

We will be coming from Paris to Swiss towards end of May (around May 28). We will be total 6 of us, 2 Adults, 2 Seniors and 2 Kids ( 8 & 10 yrs). I have following questions:

1. What will be the best possible itinerary for 4 Nights/ 5 Days in Swiss. We would like to cover Scenic Train, Titlis or Jungfrough and any more suggestions welcome ??

2. What is the best option to come from Paris, I guess it will depend upon City we decide as base in my earlier question (I would expect Lucerene or Interlaken)

3. Our Return flight would be from Zurich at around 22.00 on June 1st .

Thanks a bunch in advance for help.

Best

MK

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2016 at 16:46:32 #849396

Try to take the TGV (train aves grand vitesse) from Paris to Geneva inn 3 hours and 5 minutes. Change the train in Geneva to Zermatt via Visp. The itinery along the lake of Geneva and through the Valais is great! Visit in Zermatt the Gornergrat station and also the Klein Matterhorn by cable car. On the way back to Basel visit further Interlaken (or Grindelwald or Wengen = same area) you should visit the Jungfraujoch. By train you go back over Basel and take there again the TGV to Paris in 3 hours and 3 minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2016 at 5:06:24 #849397

Hi GlobiTrotti,

Thanks a lot for your response, I looked at the options of TGV and then here is something which I worked out as plan, need suggestions if this could work :

1. Day 1 (28 May)- Take TGV from Paris to Basel, Change from Basel to Lucrene and use Swiss Travel Pass from here.

2. Day 2 (29 May)- Go for a day trip from Mt Titlis or Jungfrau, come back to Lucerene

3. Day 3 (30 May) – Do a Scenic Train Tour , either Glacier Express or Golden Pass Line , come back to Lucrene in the evening

4. Day 4 (31 May)- Go to Rihne Falls or something else and Move to Zurich for night stay.

5. Day 5 (1st June) – Take a Zurich City Pass and move around in Zurich , leave for airport in the Evening for 10 PM flight.

Please do let me know if this makes any sense

Best

MK

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2016 at 8:51:59 #849398

This is also a very good tour – or tours. If you should choose from Lucerne go travel on the Jungfraujoch, you sit for one way 4 hours and 18 minutes. For the trip on the Titlis you only need 1 hour and 17 minutes for one way. I wish you a very pleasant trip to and in Switzerland.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 March 2016 at 10:33:47 #849399

Indeed the Jungfraujoch tour would take a lot of time, as well as including (part of) the Glacier Express. I would focus on attractions, or a hike perhaps, closer to Lucerne: myswissalps.com/ lucerne/activities.

For rail passes, please see myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses. The ZurichCARD may fit your needs the last day: http://www.getyourguide.com/z uerichcard-save-on-attractions-transportation-and-dining-t13219.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2016 at 4:45:47 #849400

Hi Arno,

Thanks a lot for input. I am still undecided on the Rail tour, can you suggest the best options I can do for either Glacier Exp or Golden Pass Line ?

Best Regards,

MK

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2016 at 8:06:01 #849401

Hi MK,

Both the Golden Pass line and Wilhelm Tell Express route start in Lucerne, so it makes sense to do (part of) those. But of course it depends on your preferences. If you don’t mind a very long day on trains there are more options. Just check the timetable and our scenic train pages:

A trip up to Mount Rigi is very scenic too. Very close to Lucerne and free with the Swiss Travel Pass:

• The thread ‘Best possible itinerary for 4 nights in May’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.