Best rail pass & transfer info Zurich/Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 July 2015 at 11:52:14 #807527

We are 3 adults travelling to Wengen for a week at the end of August. I have investigated the options for rail travel and it would seem that a half fare card is our best option. I see that a combi pass can be purchased, does the half fare card enable us to buy the transfer pass for half price? Also I would be grateful to know how many changes of train there are between Zurich Airport & Wengen.

Thanks in anticipation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 July 2015 at 12:20:19 #844331

Hi Fleurette,

You need the Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi. It’s a single pass consisting of a Swiss Transfer Ticket (Zurich to Wengen and back) and a Swiss Half Fare Card for half the normal price (50% discounted tickets during your stay). You can’t buy one of these separately and then buy the other one at half the price. It’s all explained here. In your case you can buy it through http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk.

Zurich Airport to Wengen requires 3 or 4 changes. Details can be found in the timetable.

• The thread ‘Best rail pass & transfer info Zurich/Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.