Best Restaurants in Zurich, Lucerne, Spiez

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 7:33:06 #811379

Hi!!!!

I am a big foodie and relish local cuisine but no beef….

Can I get the list for good food and pocket friendly list of places in Zurich Lucerne and Spiez

also list Any Local Specilaties also in these areas.

Thanks and looking for mouth watering options!!!!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

dayhikers
    Participant
    22 posts
    12 April 2017 at 15:59:12 #861418

Two recommendations:. Didi's Frieden, very good, on the expensive side but worth it. Reservation a must. Also Haus Hiltl, vegetarian restaurant open since 1898. Expansive buffet, charges by weight, but reasonable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2017 at 17:48:34 #861419

It will be very hard to find “pocket friendly” restaurants in Switzerland!

I can give you a few recommendations in Zurich that I have been to:

Lucas

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 April 2017 at 22:33:17 #861420

Hi Lucas…can’t seem to reply to Nidhi.

The absolutely best food in Luzern is usually at the Palace Hotel. Dress well, and bring lot and lots of Swiss Franks. And, then , lots more CHF. Did I say expensive?

Switzerland is a sophisticated country, small. close knit, with excellent communication networks. If there is a restaurant that has not fine-tuned it’s prices to match the quality, I’d be amazed.

A way to judge restaurant quality, perhaps one cut below the Michelin Guide Rouge ( which is the most reliable and “official” authority; buy it when you arrive or check on line) are Gault-Millau points. I have never checked their website (if the have one) but they are good at rating restaurants, cover a lot of places, and when I have eaten at restaurants that they review, I agree with their ratings.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2017 at 7:11:42 #861421

Thank you for the replies

• The thread ‘Best Restaurants in Zurich, Lucerne, Spiez’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.