Best scenic routes to cover in 3 days Swiss Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2015 at 5:45:56 #807925

Hi,

We are travelling to Swiss (flying to and form Basel) in the last weekend of Sep for 3 days, with kids.

Have bought Swiss travel pass for 3 days. Can you please suggest the best scenic routes we can cover in 3 days that kids will enjoy too.

We have thought of going to Mt Titlis and nearby places on first or last day depending on the route (we have flight from basel at 7 p.m on sunday), but will skip Jungfrau.

Thanks

Aravind

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2015 at 11:42:39 #846089

Hi Aravind,

Good to hear you’ll be exploring the scenic train routes soon! The most famous scenic routes are listed here. I’d suggest to take a look to find out what appeals to you most, and check the timetable to see what’s possible in 3 days. Also the information in our planning section will be helpful. The kids might like the Wilhelm Tell Express route because it’s a boat and train combination.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2015 at 17:39:07 #846090

Thanks Arno.

I was thinking the same. Taking the Wilhelm Tell Express and Bernina express if possible.

I was just skeptical about the trip from Lugano to Tirano. I think there is direct bus available. Will check and see how it suits our plan.

Thanks again

Aravind

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 September 2015 at 18:04:46 #846091

Hi Aravind,

There’s a direct Bernina Express bus from Lugano to Tirano. Please see our Bernina Express page for details. I think these two routes would make a wonderful trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 September 2015 at 18:05:46 #846092

Hi Arno,

I have bought the Swiss travel pass for 2nd class. But I think I need seat reservation and upgrade to 1st class for wilhelm tell express and for bernina express. I cant find the price for upgrade or details on where to do the seat reservation. Is this something we can do by just walking in there?

Thanks in advance.

Aravind

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 September 2015 at 8:23:18 #846093

Hi Aravind,

You don’t need reservations for the Wilhelm Tell Express route if 2nd class is fine for you. It’s all explained on our page. If you prefer 1st class, you need to upgrade, and optionally book seats. Click “Price” for the details.

The Bernina Express indeed requires advanced booking, and I would do so as soon as you can. Trains and buses can book out. The links you need are in the Tickets section of our Bernina Express page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 September 2015 at 18:38:53 #846094

Thanks Arno.

• The thread ‘Best scenic routes to cover in 3 days Swiss Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.