Best season to take the Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 4:38:47 #812092

I realize that this is subjective, but I’m curious as your favorite time of year to take the Bernini Express. I’d love to go at a time when there is a lot of green and snow on the mountains. Is there a best month to find both green and white?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 June 2017 at 9:09:07 #864368

Hi Buka45,

I would say May is the best month for your objectives. Please see:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 16:45:08 #864369

Thank you.

In May, although local trains leave regularly along the same route, is there only one Panoramic train per day scheduled?

Arno, thank you for your help. Before I found the Swiss forum, it was hard to figure out how to get from Tirano to Lugano or to Lake Como than it was a few years ago.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 8:29:47 #864370

Hi Buka45,

There is usually always just one Bernina Express train departure per day from Chur. During the summer season there is a 2nd one that departs from Davos and other from St. Moritz, all going to Tirano. You can read more about the route on the link Arno gave you above.

You shouldn’t have any trouble booking the Bernina Express for May as long as you don’t leave the reservations too late!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 22:17:49 #864371

Lucas,

Thank you. We have flown into both Zurich and Geneva a few times but never had a reason to go East. Always wanted to take the Bernini Express. Thank you.

• The thread ‘Best season to take the Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.