Best Swiss Rail Pass for my Travel Plan

Best Swiss Rail Pass for my Travel Plan

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
mythreyeehr
mythreyeehr
1 post
Sep 23, 2011 - 3:39 AM
Hello,
Me and my husband are visiting Switzerland and Here is my our travel plan -

Day1 - Arrive at Lucern - Visit Mount Titlis - Roam around Lucern town in evening
Day2 - Depart to Interlaken in Golden Pass Exp - Checkin hotel at Grindelwald - Visit Schilthorn - Roam around Interlaken in Evening - Stay in Grindelwald
Day3 - Visit Jungfrau - Visit Bern in evening
Day4 - Depart to Geneva early - Roam around Geneva - Depart to Oslo in evening

We are confused which is the best Pass for our stay, since we are just visiting for 4 days. and we will be using the funicular/cable cars/gondolas 3 days out of 4.

Please suggest
Annika
Annika
4416 posts
expert &
Sep 25, 2011 - 8:43 AM
Hello mythreyeehr, and welcome to the forum! There are several options. The 4 day Swiss Saver Pass would be the most convenient solution, as it provides free traveling on all 4 days of your stay in regular trains, buses and boats. That allows you to get on and off board wherever and whenever you like. You'd only have to buy discounted tickets for the Titlis, Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch.

The Swiss Half Fare Card is a good alternative and may be a bit cheaper in all, but this pass requires you to buy discounted tickets for all trips.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016