Best Swiss Rail Pass for my Travel Plan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2011 at 1:39:45 #804714

Hello,
    Me and my husband are visiting Switzerland and Here is my our travel plan –

Day1 – Arrive at Lucern – Visit Mount Titlis – Roam around Lucern town in evening
    Day2 – Depart to Interlaken in Golden Pass Exp – Checkin hotel at Grindelwald – Visit Schilthorn – Roam around Interlaken in Evening – Stay in Grindelwald
    Day3 – Visit Jungfrau – Visit Bern in evening
    Day4 – Depart to Geneva early – Roam around Geneva – Depart to Oslo in evening

We are confused which is the best Pass for our stay, since we are just visiting for 4 days. and we will be using the funicular/cable cars/gondolas 3 days out of 4.

Please suggest

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    25 September 2011 at 8:43:38 #834234

Hello mythreyeehr, and welcome to the forum! There are several options. The 4 day Swiss Saver Pass would be the most convenient solution, as it provides free traveling on all 4 days of your stay in regular trains, buses and boats. That allows you to get on and off board wherever and whenever you like. You’d only have to buy discounted tickets for the Titlis, Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch.

The Swiss Half Fare Card is a good alternative and may be a bit cheaper in all, but this pass requires you to buy discounted tickets for all trips.

• The thread ‘Best Swiss Rail Pass for my Travel Plan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.