Best way to visit Jungfraujoch from Bern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2017 at 10:35:27 #812374

My husband and I will be taking the train from Zermatt on Wed.,July 19 and heading to Bern for a few days before we need to fly back on Saturday, July 22. We have lodging in Bern currently. If we wish to visit Jungfraujoch and take the cog railway, what would you suggest? On the way from Zermatt? As a day trip from Bern? Other ideas? What rail routes would you recommend?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 June 2017 at 10:46:37 #865647

Hi Jenwoltjen,

I’d recommend to keep an eye on the weather forecast and pick the best day when you’re there. If you do it en route I’d recommend to forward your luggage to Bern, or perhaps store it in Interlaken so you can travel light. Further details on the train to Jungfraujoch can be found here: myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch.

• The thread ‘Best way to visit Jungfraujoch from Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.