Bettmergrat is the same as Bettmerhorn ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2017 at 8:04:41 #812955

I am planning to take a hike along the recommended trail next to the Aletsch Glacier as described in http://www.myswissalps.com/be ttmerhorn/gettingthere but I am a bit confused by the name of cable car / gondola stations. According to the map, I am supposed to start hiking at the “Bettmergrat” station. In this webpage ( http://www.aletscharena.ch/ca bleways/tickets-prices/single-trips/ ) there is ride from Betten Talstation to “Bettmerhorn” ,does “Bettmerhorn” refer to the “Bettmergrat” station ? if not, I will need to take a separate ride from the “Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn)” station to “Bettmergrat”. Where can I find the corresponding price ? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2017 at 7:34:46 #868314

Hi Swissfans,

Essentially yes, Bettmerhorn is the mountain name and Bettmergrat station is the top gondola station on the mountain (so you will see both used interchangeably, unfortunately).

To find schedules and prices there is a direct link on our Bettmerhorn page here. It will take you to the time table page but there is a link to ticket prices as well.

You can buy a ticket from Betten Talstation to Bettmerhorn as a single trip or round trip (one ticket covers both gondolas) = Betten Talstation to Bettmeralp and then Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn.

Phew. lots of fun names in this country. 🙂

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2017 at 9:34:16 #868315

Many Thanks, Lucas.

• The thread ‘Bettmergrat is the same as Bettmerhorn ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.