Big Group

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 March 2012 at 14:52:05 #804983

Hi,
    We are group of 6 adults , 4 Youth(16-25) , 6 children(below16).we are planning to travel to Paris on the 10 th of may.
    Wish to see the Lido show, versailles palace , Louvre museum , Eiffel tower.
    We are travelling thru conducted tour but since we have only one day in paris covering Eiffel Tower free of cost , we wish to cut off from our tour for a day & stay back in paris to cover as many sight seeing places as possible from the above mentioned list
    On the 12th of may we are planning to travel to Geneva by train by evening & Then rejoin our group for orientation tour of Geneva & bern by Coach being conducted on 13th May.
    Next day our tour operator is taking us to lauterbrunnen where interested members can choose their optional tour to Jaungfraujoch for Euro 140 for adults and Euro 95 for children below 12 with lunch. Hence, in any case since we have to shell out money for going up the mountain so we have decided to do to do this tour on our own so that we can save lot of money by buying swiss flexi saver pass from India.
    The next day again we have an optional tour of Mt titlis fromLucerne where again the tour operator is charging Euro 95 for adults without Lunch.we want to repeat the itinerary on our own.
    Our conducted Tour ends here , but since we would like to continue with our tour , from the seventh day we will do the tour on our own starting from travelling to zurich with our baggage and after checking into a hotel , we would lie to cover sightseeing places of the CITY of ZURICH. The next day we would like to travel to Rhine falls and come back and take a Train to Venice.
    One nightt in venice & then travel to florence for one night & the to Rome via PISA for Two nights.

1. i am thinking of Buying Swiss saver flexi Family pass for the entire group which will help me to take the chikdren below 16 free on the trains at least in switzerland. Please suggest if my choice is correct. but one of the site for indian link, selling swiss saver pass for India shows that the age for the children is below 12 on;ly. Please clarify as i am confused wether it si 12 or 16 yrs.

2. Are the children below 16 allowed to travel free with their parents on swiss saver flexi pass.

3. Which eurail ticket to be purchased for travelling between borders, for maximum saving. we are travelling across the border only twice. Are the children allowed free on eurail or any group promotion is available.Please advise.

4. what will be the cost of getting indian food on top of both the mountains?

5. Will Italy be better by private coach of three days until we reach Rome or is it better to travel by Train for our itinerary mentioned above.I feel that the Journey by Train in Italy will be cumbersome as shifting if baggages to & fro to stations will be a big hastle & will consume lot of time 7 money. Hence, can your give me number of some good private Coach operator in Italy .

6.Please advise and compare the cost between by (Eurail passes for three countries) or (swiss pass & point to point ticket for crossing the border & Italy pass)

Matter most critical as we are really tight on our budget.

Please reply urgently

Anoop daga
    +9198450-43502
    [email protected]

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    8 March 2012 at 5:47:57 #835073

Hi Anoop, and welcome to our website,

The 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would indeed provide cheap traveling for the adults and free traveling for your children. Since you’re in India, I suggest to buy the passes through http://www.raileurope.co.in. Once you are in Switzerland, just show your passes at any rail station to get free Swiss Family Cards which allows your children up to and including 15 years old to travel along for free. The age of 12 is the limit in many European countries, but it’s below 16 (so 15 inclusive) in Switzerland.

Swiss rail passes provide more value for money in Switzerland than Eurail passes, especially with the current 2-for-1 offer. All details about Eurail Passes can be found here. There are country passes for the other countries as well, such as a pass for just Italy. I think you need such a pass, but I’m not that familar with those passes. You can order it along with your Swiss Saver Flexi Passes.

Information on the Indian restaurant at the Jungfraujoch can be found here. I don’t know about Indian food at the Titlis. Please check it out on the Titlis website.

I would recommend to edit your post and remove your phone number and e-mail address. Anyone can read that information so that may not work out to your advantage.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Big Group’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.