Black Forest Germany and Zurich in 1 day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 May 2017 at 19:03:56 #812063

hi.. i am planning to visit switzerland in june ,.. i am there in zurich for 2 days.. fwe will be reaching late after noon by 1 .. so on day 1: we will visit the swiss national museum and lake zurich .. on the second day we are planning for black forest Germany..plz help as to what we can see there .. and things we must see/do.. also can we cover rhine falls and black forest in one day ??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2017 at 6:13:07 #864305

>> on the second day we are planning for black forest Germany..plz help as to what we can see there .. and things we must see/do..

As the Black Forest is in Germany, sightseeing there is off-topic for this forum, which is about Switzerland.

I suggest you try Trip Advisor

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g5796433-Activities-Black_Forest_Baden_Wurttemberg.html

>> also can we cover rhine falls and black forest in one day ??

That depends on what exactly you want to do. Use the SBB (Swiss Railways) and Deutsche Bahn (German Railways) timetables to find out about travel times and decide whether or not it is feasible for you.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/ bin/query2.exe/en?rt=1&

Here is information about visiting the Rhine Falls

http://www.myswissalps.com/rh inefalls

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 June 2017 at 8:10:13 #864306

Hi Rashmi1234,

I don’t have any details on the Black Forest but it isn’t too far from The RheinFall and Zurich but I wouldn’t expect you could explore both very well in one day!

For idea on what to do in Zurich for the day click here.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 June 2017 at 13:06:27 #864307

Hello Rashmi,

If you must see the Rhein Falls then afterwards you can get a train from Schaffhausen to Singen and take the Black Forest Train to Offenburg. Then you can catch a train back to Zurich. You will be on trains all day and the trip from Offenburg to Zurich is not very exciting.

As you are in Switzerland such a short time why not take a train to Luzern from Zurich and then visit either Pilatus or Rigi. The round trip Luzern – Kriens – Pilatus – Alpnachstad – Luzern is a great day trip from Zurich if the weather is clear to get the views form Pilatus. You get to do trains, gondola, cable car, funicular and boat ride on Lake Luzern.

• The thread ‘Black Forest Germany and Zurich in 1 day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.