Boat ride schedules from Lucerne late March

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2017 at 7:30:42 #811111

Hi

I am in Lucern on 24(Night) -25-26 and in Interlake on 27 March and have planned visits to Mt Titlis and Jungfraouch. I have given a skip to Pilatus Trip as the Cogwheel Train and Boat rides are not operational at the moment.

I was wondering which all Boat Rides I may enjoy during this Trip.

• Does Hergiswil to Lucernz boat ride operate during this time – I guess no as I could not find this on SBB timetable. So should I stay with Train journey while I am doing Titlis or there is something more that may be added and I enjoy more scenic view.
    • Is the boat ride Lucern to Fluelen worth spending 3 hours. I could not find much reviews on this journey. May I get some advice on this. Also I assume this free with STP.
    • As I reach Fluelen in the afternoon, is there something worth staying or should I catch the train and come back to Lucern.

Sorry for so many questions together but with I am so hopeful due to previous great responses from Arno.

Thanks

Vaibhav Goel

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    18 March 2017 at 8:53:55 #860198

Hi Vaibhav Goel!

You’re right, boats between Lucerne and Hergiswil won’t be operational yet by late March, as the restricted winter timetable still applies. By the way, you can use the SBB timetable indeed (use “advanced search” and select boat as your only transport mode), but we also link to specific seasonal boat schedules at the right hand of our Lake Lucerne boat page. You’d best simply get to Engelberg and Titlis by train. Don’t worry, it’s a very scenic journey.

Personally I love the boat ride over Lake Lucerne all the way south to Flüelen. It’s relaxing and very scenic, especially if weather is good. Yes, the ride is covered by your Swiss Travel Pass. Flüelen is quite small, so you can enjoy the views there for a short while and then take the train back o Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2017 at 18:40:51 #860199

>> Is the boat ride Lucern to Fluelen worth spending 3 hours. I could not find much reviews on this journey. May I get some advice on this. <<

You can see some photos of this trip here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/trip-report-late-august-to-mid-october-2016

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Boat ride schedules from Lucerne late March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.